Just because the weather is a little greyer and the shops start offering muted tones to fit in with the winter season, it doesn’t mean you have to completely follow suit. There’s a lot to be said about how colour can affect your mood. If like me, you’re stuck working in the office most of the time it can be hard to bring your winter wear to life. So why not add a touch of colour to your workwear with some small touches that won’t break the bank or cause too much of a stir.
1. A simple solution is to wear your normal work suit or dark skirt and add a pop of colour with bright tights. you’ll be surprised how much of a difference it makes and while people might be a little surprised at first, it’s something which actually lifts an outfit. Give it a try!
2. A scarf is a simply accessory that we’ll all probably look for over the colder season.Opt for a bright one that will radiate you’re face and help keep a little brightness near by. This Red Herring pink knitted number is lovely.
3. I’ve alway been a fan of statement necklaces and this Bonnie one from Accessorize is stunning. It will add a little sunshine to almost any outfit. Under a shirt, over a t shirt or matched with a plane dress. It’s just beautiful.
4. Gold is one of my go to base colours believe it or not. I’m definitely one for gold shoes and a gold bag is the perfect accessory for any outfit. This scallop edged Cambridge Satchel is simple but oh so effective.
5. Lastly, shoes give you almost free reign when it comes to colour pops. With tights or without you can be as daring as you want. These berry tones are lovely for warming up an outfit but hiding rain stains (or snow!) experiment a bit and see how you get on. This is especially good if your workplace is really strict on work wear. You can wear them to and from work and swap them for some basics under your desk. Or keep them on and try your luck!
Those are my tips for adding a bit of brightness to your work wear. How do you add some sun to your winter outfits?