I’ve decided it’s time I gave myself a bit of a break. I’m sick again, the third time in two months and I think I just need a rest. So I’m giving myself a relaxation day. Maybe a whole day is pushing it, let’s say an evening… or at least a couple of hours! To make sure I can really have a bit of a wind down here are my 5 home relaxation essentials to make sure I make the most of my me time.
- First up, slippers. I feel like I’m having a bit of a self-serving day if I pop on slippers. It’s almost like I’m telling myself that I am not leaving the house today. You can find a range of cosy slippers at Uppersole to get your relaxation day started on the right foot.
- Then we have pyjamas. I have this Wonder Woman set and it’s so comfortable I could travel in it. Being cosy and comfortable is what relaxing is all about. Grab your favourite lounge outfit or treat yourself to a new one.
- There’s nothing quite like a spa break. I had a spa treat last week and actually fell asleep during the facial. That’s how tired I am. My aim is to invest in a real luxurious face mask and give myself a mini facial at home. Pop something like this honey mask on, sit back and zone out. Ahhhh I can feel the relaxing vibes already!
- Put the kettle on and make a cup of tea. Even if I don’t have much time to myself, when I sit down, put my feet up with a cup of tea it’s almost magic. Being a new mum this is a treat for me and it’s a MUST if I’m having any form of relaxing time at home. Take a few minutes out while you sip your brew, focus on your breathing, lower your shoulders and you’ll instantly feel more relaxed. There are some great breathing technique for relaxation here that might be useful.
- A fragrance can change the mood of anyone. Find a scented candle that makes you happy… trust me, they do! (I’ve also found candles that I hated the smell of and actually irritated me). Find one that works for you and light it somewhere that you pass my occasionally. (Obviously a safe place… it is fire after all!) Every time you pass it you’ll get a little boost. It’s great to pop a candle on, sit with a cup of tea and just relax.
Added together, those are my 5 home relaxation essentials. Now excuse me while I go and chill out for 10 minutes before Baby C gets home. It’s previous time I’m sure you’ll agree. What are your tips for relaxation at home? Do you have any essentials for when you have a bit of down time?