The one thing still left on our nursery and baby list (with less than 3 weeks until due day!) is a nursing chair. It’s something I’ve wanted but never really but it as a priority until now. Reality is setting in that this little baby will be up in the middle of the night wanting feeding and I need somewhere comfortable and cosy to sit. Nursing chairs help position yourself better (especially for breast feeding) and means I can leave Mr C to get a bit of sleep before his early start for work. (I know, I’m so thoughtful!) Ok, so the selfish bit in me just wants a really comfy chair to snuggle up in. I’ve had a look around and the colour grey is calling me. The nursery is a mixture of grey, white, lemon and light mint so it definitely works with the theme and is dark enough to hide any possible blemishes that may occur! These are my top 5 nursing chairs that are on my soon to be made real wish list!
1. At first I considered a simple armchair like this one. Cosy but a little elegant in silver grey. Perfect to nip in the corner of any room but I’m not sure on the comfort factor of this style, but it sure looks good!
2. This is a gliding rocking chair from John Lewis and while it may look simple, but effortlessly glides like a rocking chair. I’m impressed with the removable covers too and I’m a huge fan of chevron print. It’s just simple and fresh, especially for a neutral style room like our nursery.
3. I think riser recliner chairs are a fab option for nursing chairs because of how moveable they are. You can have your feet up, move the back until you’re comfy and if you’re still struggling with back pain or maybe recovering from a c-section, the fact this chair helps lift you up is a compete and utter winner! It looks super comfy too.
4. This Ladybird gliding rocking chair and stool from VERY is definitely high on my wish list. I love the colour and it looks so comfortable. It helps to maintain a good posture too which is helpful considering the aches and pains after pregnancy. It also has arm rest pocket for popping baby wipes in or the odd chocolate biscuit! Whatever floats your boat!
5. Lastly, I love a big armchair. Once that you can pop your feet up on and curl up. This ones from Made is a simple example. I like the square design and the scatter back cushions for extra comfort and support. This would be lovely in the corner of the room.
Those are the 5 nursing chairs on my wishlist… one of them is on it’s way to me where I’ll probably do a full review.. so stay tuned to see which one made it home!