To cut a long story short we are moving house next week! It’s not to a bigger place or anything like that, it’s more to do with the fact we have to move either now or when the baby is here, so we opted for now. I thought it would be easier but to tell you I’m currently struggling is an under statement! On the plus side, our lovely new place has a brand new bedroom ready to be transformed into a nursery! Yay! Our current ‘spare room‘ is a man den, so it’s nice to change things up a bit. I’ve been looking on pinterest for ideas but it’s a lot harder that I expected. Than there’s the expense! Anyway, I thought I’d start to make some baby wishlists because they always help me focus on what my eye is drawn too. This baby wishlist is all about the nursery basics. It was pretty hard to narrow things down I tell you!
All the images are clickable but I’m going to go through each one left to right just for a little reasoning behind my choices!
- I’ve realised that it’s a lot cheaper to get a furniture set then it is to buy things individually. Plus they’ll all match which is quite nice. This is actually a Mamas and Papas nursery furniture set from Argos and it’s a bargain at the moment. I think this may well be the first thing in our nursery!
- Storage will be a major issue in our new place (well the lack of it!) I love this chevron storage bag for everything from toys to socks! I definitely am attracted to chevron a the moment.
- I keep singing Twinkle Twinkle little star to our baby for not apparent reason. It probably soothes me more than them! But I’d love to have this twinkle twinkle wall sticker up in the nursery as a reminder.
- We don’t know if we’re having a baby boy or girl yet as it’s being a difficult little bean. But I really would love something on the cot like this counting sheep mobile. I seem to be opting for greys right now but I do wonder if a brighter mobile would be more interesting for the baby?
- OK so maybe this is more for me than the little bean. But who doesn’t love Pusheen? and a unicorn Pusheen at that?!
- I’ve heard that swaddle blankets are a great way of keeping the baby snug and safe in the cot with a womb like feel. Obviously I’m keeping the star theme going as well as the grey colour scheme!
- It will be odd having curtains in our new place as we have blinds at the moment but I can’t help but keep leaning towards the chevron pattern. I’m not overly keen on the gold colour of these ones, but grey (surprise) or mint would be lovely. I’m loving Vertbaudet at the moment, it’s one of my new discoveries.
- Another from Vertbaudet is this star design bunting. I think this would be a simply but effective way of decorating the nursery. There’s definitely a theme going on here isn’t there!?
- Last but not least is this letter cushion from George Home. If you’re wondering why it’s a C… well I have a little secret to tell you. (Whispers) if it’s a boy there’s a big chance the name will begin with a C! shhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Well that’s my baby wish list of nursery basics. I definitely want to add some lemon or mint in there too but I’m loving the star theme. What do you think?