As I said the other day, I spoilt myself over the weekend and went all out on a new bed and bedroom furniture (when it arrives I’ll show you!) and I created a little luxe bedroom edit of some of my favourite styles and luscious items. As the temperature has literally dropped over the past couple of days all I keep thinking about are warm and toasty evenings at home. So, I thought I’d create a Cosy Living Room Edit. I’m thinking autumn colours, comfortable surroundings and simple but classic furniture pieces. I know you’re with me. Let’s get snug.
The Cosy Living Room Edit
1. Firstly I have to have a large cosy chair, big enough for me to stretch out in or for 2 of us to cuddle up in. Luscious fabric and lots of cushioning and the deep berry colour is perfect for me.
2. I went and bought a lamp purposely to make my front room cosier and I’ve realised that after many comments from my lovely friends, they were so right. A lamp is vital to a warm, comfortable living space with ambient lighting.
3. A coffee table. It may sound simple but a simple small table like one of these from the Tesco range, is perfect. The dark brown is perfect for autumn and it’s the ideal way to stop clutter ruining your peaceful environment.
4. Candles have a unique energy and a way to make any room tranquil and smell gorgeous at the same time. Especially as we lead up to Christmas, those festive fragrances are a must.
5. Finally, it has to be luscious fabrics. Whether its warm toned cushions or deep fluffy rugs. Textures and fabrics not only keep the heat in but add style comfort well as style.
I already want to cuddle up now and hibernate through the cold weather. There’s something lovely about being snuggled up at home while the wind and rain is howling outside. I can imagine living in a little cottage somewhere, with marshmallows on the fire. But I’m perfectly happy with my mallows and hot chocolate here in London with sound of traffic and chatter sending me to sleep.
What makes your perfect cosy evening?