It’s the first weekend of Coachella 2016 and while I sit here watching the occasional bit of live feed footage and lusting after the warm air, magical sunsets and palm tress I thought I’d create my own Coachella capsule wardrobe. Plus size of course! If you don’t know, it’s Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival based in California and I suppose it’s a bit like the UK’s Glastonbury. (Well, apart from this is in the desert and Glastonbury is on a field!) For me, it highlights the start of festival season, so no time like the present to get looking for that festival fashion.
- This beautiful floral print culotte jumpsuit ticks so many boxes for the spring and summer season. Not only is it cool and comfortable but it covers the culottes trend, the pastel trend and it’s the perfect alternative if you worry about chub rub. Yeah, you know what I’m talking about.
- A lightweight cami like this Yours Clothing number, is perfect for any warm season and the fringe detail of this top takes it straight into the festival season. Wear it simply over shorts for a super cool vibe.
- Hair is the least of my worries at a festival. Whether I leave it down to fly in the wind, braid it or just shove it up, a flower hair garland is an instant festival fix. This bright ASOS crown is perfect.
- Denim raw hem shorts are for this season, and every season, forever. Don’t be worried about getting your legs out, everyone will be too happy, drunk or tired to care!
- Tan is one of the bet base colours for any outfit. These wide fit lace up sandals are perfect. They won’t fall of your feel and gives you a chance to show off your pretty summer pedicure.
- A simple dress that works as a coverup. Keep cool but protect yourself from the sun. It’s a lovely and floaty button maxi dress that you can wear alone or over you shorts.
- Finally, this gorgeous printed maxi dress, from River Island Plus. It’s another light but oh so pretty dress with a simple geometric print. This has to be one of my faves for summer.
So that’s my Coachella plus size wish list. Festival style at it’s best. I still wish I was going to Coachella. I’m a little sad that Skepta got denied a US work Visa which is absolutely ridiculous! So Skepta misses Coachella… boo! There’s still plenty on the line up for this year though. With the likes of Disclosure, Ice Cube and AlunaGeorge; it’s going to be a good one.
Are you going to any festivals this year? Let me know which ones!