So it was pretty hot today! Almost 30 Degrees in the sun and its September. A late heat wave maybe? Well, to be fair, we’ve probably had one of the bet summers in years and we’ve actually had a chance to wear the summer trends for more than a weekend!
But I heard that Autumn is on the horizon and my summer holiday is a distant memory. (Ayia Napa – thank you for the sun tan!). But this is the problem. When the sun is out my make-up is minimal. I feel great because the sun gives me a natural glow and a natural confidence. My hair decides to turn into somewhat beach style waves and everything is bright and fresh. Happy Times!
As the days draw further away from the summer break and the reality dooms of being back in my office all day. My sun bleached beauty fades and so does my mood and confidence.
So this year I am attempting to keep my Summer look going with a little help from Lloyds Pharmacy.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I was as surprised as you probably are. Think of Lloyds Pharmacy and I think of cold & flu remedies, emergency baby supplies and old people needing prescriptions. Well wasn’t I wrong! They have a MASSIVE beauty range. They stock everything from my normal favourites like Rimmel and Maybelline, to the higher end range of make-up such as Korres.
So this is what I decided is going to be my Summer Glow for Longer –Beauty Survival Guide!
1. Let’s start with the basics. One thing I ALWAYS do before a holiday is hair removal. From my legs to bikini line, nothing says summer like flashing the flesh and I like a smooth base to work my sun tan on. Veet Hair Removal cream is my old friend; it never lets me down and gives me smooth hair free skin.
2. Ambre Solaire, No Streaks Bronzer Self-Tanning Spray. Nothing says summer skin like a lovely golden glow. In my case I tend to go red and then get a golden tan. So with this I can skip the red bit and go straight to glowing. It’s one of the best sprays I have found. Others tend to give me streaks, especially on my legs. This self-tanning spray dries in minutes and is one of the most even I have found. Even better than the gradual tan lotions! (Plus it doesn’t have that major biscuit smell!)
3. Bronzer is the obvious one when it comes to make-up. Highlight your cheek bones and anywhere that you usually get the sun with a bit of Korres Sunglow Bronzer in Sunglow Light and suddenly summer is still here. Bronzer is one of the ways I get my face to glow all year around. Not too heavy otherwise I might look a bit odd, just a sweep over will do. The only downside to this bronzer is that there is no brush, but the colour and light application makes up for that.
4. This has been my nail polish of the summer. I have gone through 4 bottles of it! Rimmel 60 Second Coralicious. I love the colour. It’s that bright coral red that just radiates in the sun and against sun kissed skin. One of the things I hate in life is waiting for nail polish to dry. As soon as I’ve finished I guarantee I get an itch on my head or the phone rings. Rimmel 60 seconds dries within a couple of minutes. (60 seconds is a bit of an exaggeration) and the colour is summer in a bottle. Its super quick to apply as it has a thick but smaller length bush applicator.
5. Korres Mandarin Lip Butter Stick with SPF15 – Peach. This peachy number is a holiday rescue and adds a punch to your lips at any time of the year. I use it to protect my lips from the sun but it also has a light summery tint to the colour which is all my face needs sometimes. If I can get my skin back to its summer glow then this peach butter stick is all I need to add a summer tinge. I can keep it in my bag and make summer appear in an instant.
6. Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip-gloss – Captivate Me – I know I have the lip butter but it I wouldn’t feel completely glowing unless my lips were sparkling so I chose this super glossy gloss to glow on my lips.
7. N.Y.C Metro Quartet Eye Shadow – This eye shadow is great. It breaks down each section to tell you what to do with it. Need an instant smoky eye tutorial, this does it for you! The Key summer evening look is the smoky eyes or just a little golden glow over the eye lids. This quartet eye shadow can do both. A complete bargain and brilliant for people like me who struggle to get the Smokey eyes just right.
8. Last but not least, summer hair. When I’m on holiday the salt water and heat gives my hair a natural curly kick. Normally I have dead straight hair so I love what the summer does. So in order to make my summer curls last longer Wella Shockwaves Curl & Waves Mousse is my dream. I wash and towel dry my hair, scrunch some of the mousse through it and roughly blow dry it with a diffuser. Sorted. Beach hair at the ready. Sometimes I wash, towel dry and scrunch the mousse through my hair and tie it in a bun. Whether I go to sleep or to work, the after effect is the same, it unravels to give me summer breach hair. Wavy and natural. Makes me feel like I’ve just stepped off the beach. It doesn’t weigh my hair down or leave it sticky.
All of these products were surprisingly available at Lloyds Pharmacy for some great prices. I would definitely consider looking there for some bargains in the future especially for my normal beauty products. I love being able to get everything in one place and these guys gave me that.
Summer might almost be over, but I’ve got my perfect products to keep my glowing look going for as long as possible.
Wish me luck!